Thursday, September 17, 2009

Can I get a refund on this brain? It's not working right...

Popped popcorn, ready for eating.Image via Wikipedia




ACTUAL THOUGHT PROCESS WHILE I WAS DRIVING HOME TONIGHT. I was alone:

"La la la, la la la What a nice night. Oooh - smells like popcorn! Where is that coming from? Mnn. Smells delicious. It's really a strong smell.... Where IS it coming from? I should have already passed.... Did someone pour popcorn into my engine? Is the heat making it pop? IS THERE POPCORN IN MY ENGINE? Is my car going to break? That's kind of clever... Wait... What's that smell that people smell right before they have a stroke? Is it popcorn? It's burned something... Toast, maybe. OR MAYBE IT WAS BURNT POPCORN!!! Am I about to have a stroke? Should I pull over? OH GOD, IS IT BURNT POPCORN?!?!?"

And that's how it went for a little while until I realized that it had, in fact, been a little while and the stroke hadn't started yet. Then everything was fine again.

1 comment:

  1. This is hilarious!! And so true. When something isn't right and you're all alone it's easy to go on a ridiculous worse case scenario rant in your head. We all do it. I'm glad you didn't have a stroke and all, but now I'm craving popcorn.

    ReplyDelete