Saturday, May 8, 2010

THE NEVERENDING 36FAIL
I started another attempt at the 365 - you know, that thing on Flickr where you're supposed to take a picture every day for a year? This was number three for me and I lasted less than a week. This time, though, I'm just gonna pretend that the portraits, they don't have to be in order. I can take them over the course of, say, six years. Or twenty. 365 is just the name of the project, it doesn't really mean anything.
7/365
That is the face of Failure.


GOD WANTS ME TO SPEND ALL MY MONEY
There's a gorgeous little neighborhood boutique just down the street and it has been the bane of my existence for years. Every time I walk by, I'll see a dress, or a coat, or a skirt in the window that I just have to have. The owner, Sarah, has nearly the exact same taste in clothing that I do and I can never resist her shop windows. I've spent so much money there that six months ago, I made a deliberate, conscious decision to avoid that store at all costs. I haven't been inside since and I studiously avoid looking in or at the windows, despite the fact that I walk or drive past the storefront nearly every day.
Sadly, I'm not exaggerating at all. Because I have ZERO WILLPOWER, that place was driving me to wreck and ruin.
Sooooo..... Last night I was having dinner at a local eatery when who should happen to sit at the table next to me? Why, Sarah, manager and proprietor of the gorgeous little neighborhood boutique, of course! I have never, ever seen her outside of that store. Not once, until last night. She recognized me, I recognized her, we chatted for a bit and then she said, "You know, you should come into the store sometime this week. I'll give you a great discount!"
A DISCOUNT! I die.
All resolve has been chucked out the window. That was a sign! I'm SUPPOSED to spend all my money there! I even get discounts!

No comments:

Post a Comment