Friday, January 13, 2012

moustaches, manicures, and massive cameras.

I HAVE DISCOVERED MANICURES!!!
They are amazing. My ladyfriend Erin offered to treat me to a manicure to thank me for doing her headshots and then I was addicted.
That first time it wasn't so fancy. Sparkly and pretty, not complex.
147/365
Then I did my own a couple of times because after that, my nails, they had to be FANCY.
176/365
That's my Christmas self-applied manicure. J said it looked 'ghetto'. I disagreed. Shiny red and sparkly silver? That, friends, is FESTIVE.
Today's manicure was the best. I convinced Erin to get her nails done the same way and now the two of us are sporting these babies:
Moustaches!
MOUSTACHES!!! THERE ARE MOUSTACHES ON MY FINGERS!!!
I am so happy.

THE OTHER AWESOME THING THAT HAS HAPPENED.
I got a camera in the mail on Wednesday, and not just any camera. This one is a huge, old-fashioned, large-format, very heavy, many pieced Linhof Technika IV. It's a thing of beauty.
193/365
That's just the body. I'm supposed to attach half a dozen other bits to that before I can take any pictures. And the pictures I will take? I will have to learn to develop them myself.
As far as I've been able to discover, these large format cameras are primarily to shoot landscapes, like this one by A.C. OlsenThey are gorgeous and landscapes are easier to shoot than people (they don't move quite as much and are less self-conscious) but peoples is my favorite and the ones I've found that are shot with this camera are lovely.
by Doris Markou
This camera is brilliant and terrifying and a whole job unto itself. It was an early wedding gift from J's father and I'm going to have to present him with some awfully nice photos by way of thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment