Wednesday, April 18, 2012

About that time

We were thisclose to buying tickets for the flight to Hawaii. I found tickets two nights ago that were nearly two hundred dollars less expensive than they have been for a week and I did not buy them and today the tickets, they are gone. I am a foolish, foolish girl.
We're going to have a place to stay and that is going to save us money but weddings, they ain't cheap and I need to save a lot more every other place I can.

MARGARITAVILLE
I have recently purchased my very first blender and today, attempted my very first Healthy Smoothie. I did not follow any recipe and I'm not even going to tell you what I put into the smoothie because I'm embarrassed. It occurred to me as I was chopping and dumping fruits and vegetables into the blender that these could possibly combine very badly but then I thought (again, embarrassingly) that all of these things taste great alone. Together they would be AWESOME. I was wrong and it was a disaster. The first two swallows were sort of strange, like, bad strange but not quite bad enough to call off the whole project. I filled the rest of the glass, cleaned my equipment, settled on the couch with my greyish/brownish/greenish smoothie, took another swallow, and that was all she wrote. I had to dump the rest down the drain. It only now occurs to me that I should have poured it on the plants outside. Or is that botanical cannibalism? I don't know these things.
Tomorrow, I try again.

No comments:

Post a Comment