Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Happy Holidays!

Christmas is a'coming and for the first time in years, I'm practically almost ready. I've got gifts for the Guy, his Kid, my Mom, the BFF, the slightly lesser FFs, and some co-workers. The only problem giftee (every year) is my Dad. The guy is so quick to purchase anything he wants that I can never beat him to it. His hobbies and interests are so few and specific that it's difficult to avoid buying the same things every year. My inner monologue when shopping for Dad goes like this: "Books about the Civil War! John Wayne movies! Books about the Civil.... Waitaminute...." Every year. Once I become a gazillionaire, I'll buy him a yacht with a Civil War cannon on it, name it The Duke, and consider him gifted for life.

Thanksgiving was fun this year. I went with The Guy and The Kid to see his family in Northern California and once we'd arrived, I ditched my boyfriend for this guy:
Troll baby!

And this guy:
46
(The mustache is not real)

It was a fun long weekend. When I wasn't trying to make friends with the two-year old, I spent most of my time holding the tiny baby or lurking just behind people that were holding the tiny baby, so as to be nearby when they were ready to give him up. The Guy and I spent one baby-free day in San Francisco and that was perfectly lovely. I'll be traveling with him and The Kid again this month, going to see their family in Boston in the week between Christmas and New Years. This is particularly exciting because I've never been to Boston and I understand that it will be Extremely Cold there. I have hats, coats, gloves, and scarves that I never get to wear here in LA that will finally be useful!! Very much looking forward to this.

No comments:

Post a Comment