Friday, December 31, 2010

Once more, with feeling...

I had sort of talked myself out of doing the annual meme this year, having decided that I'm bored with it and that my answers don't change all that much, anyway but now that I'm face to face with a laptop, I figure I may as well do it. I did it first is 2007, again in 2008, and last year.
I wanted to upload some photos, as well, a few of my favorites this year but Blogspot won't let me so I'll come back to that later.
So here goes, the annual What's Up With Banana meme, version 2010.

1. What did you do in 2010 that you'd never done before?
I asked a celebrity to take a photo with me when I spotted her at the movie theater and I totaled a car. Not at the same time. Also, I got a dog.
16/365
The Doc

2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Maybe?

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
No, no one close to me but someone close to my guy did. Does that count? I got to hold the baby.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
No, thank God.

5. What countries did you visit?
I didn't leave the US this year. Now I'm sad. .....Stupid question.

6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
Things were good this year. As always, I'd like a little more money in my bank account but generally, I'm blessed to have the things I do and don't really lack for anything.

7. What dates from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
There were a lot of really great days this year. My favorite was probably my birthday. Everyone dressed up, there was dancing, I was happy. It was a phenomenal birthday.
21

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I am embarrassed to admit that there are no great achievements this year. I did a couple of photo shoots that I'm proud of and I bought a domain name but this year was sort of a slacker-type year and I've got to push myself quite a bit more in 2011.

9. What was your biggest failure?
No failures. One Big Mistake, but no real failures.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I DID!! I should have added that to the first question! This year was my first ER visit (twice). I had an abscess in my throat and couldn't swallow anything and before that, I was in a car accident and needed to have my neck looked at (it was fine).
hospital

11. What was the best thing you bought?
I got a great lens for my camera, a nice 50mm. I love it and am going to marry it. Also some great dresses and shoes.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
A good friend of mine is dealing with some incredibly difficult things with remarkable grace and maturity and I'm so proud of her.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
This year was tougher than most, people-wise. A good friend sort of drifted away and I finally cut the ties, a figure from my past popped up and wreaked havoc in my life, and there was a guy at work making things Very Difficult for me but as of now, all those things are over and I'm good again.

14. Where did most of your money go?
.....Honestly? ......clothes.... .......i am embarrassed.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
The concerts I saw this year - some really great ones, including a few of my very most favorites. Some shoots, the lens I finally got after coveting it for years.

16. What song will always remind you of 2010?
I heard this for the first time early last year and just loved it to bits. Listened to it constantly.


17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder?
happier
b) thinner or fatter?
fatter, definitely. :(
c) richer or poorer?
about the same.

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
I really, really, really need to focus more on building my own business and taking better pictures. I didn't work on that nearly enough this year.

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
There was a lot of fighting with people this year. I don't usually do that and I'm sad that it happened at all.

20. How will you be spending Christmas?
I spent the holiday with my family. It was lovely.

21. Did you fall in love in 2010?
Sort of - I rediscovered the person I thought I knew, and fell in love all over again.

22. How many one-night stands?
Again, and as usual, not even one.

23. What was your favourite TV program?
30 Rock is still holding strong, recently I've really enjoyed Raising Hope, and I always love Doctor Who.

24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
I am a hate-free zone.

25. What was the best book you read?
Oooh.... That one's kind of tough. I can't really think of any books that really blew me away this year. I finally read A Prayer For Owen Meany and I dug it, so that one? Maybe? I'll get back to you....

26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Hmmm.... Maybe A Fine Frenzy? I like them. Oh - and Maximum Balloon. They're fun.


27. What did you want and get?
A feeling of contentment.

28. What did you want and not get?
A million dollars? A unicorn?

29. What was your favourite film of this year?
Scott Pilgrim vs The World. Fan-farking-tastic. Kickass was really fun, too.

30. What did you do on your birthday?
There was a big party at the Edison with all my friends dressed up in their Fancy Duds.

31.What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
My year would have been much more satisfying if I'd been less passive about working towards where I'd really like to be.

32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?
Lots of boots this year. Lots and lots of them (I got my new favorites yesterday). More colored tights.

33. What kept you sane?
The Guy.

34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Steve Martin. I've always loved him but the stuff he writes on his Twitter account brought him right back to first place in my shallow little heart.

35. What political issue stirred you the most?
I'm still pretty worked up about this whole Health Care thing.

36. Who did you miss?
Again and again, it's my brother and my grandparents.

37. Who was the best new person you met?
I've made a couple of new friends this year. As to who was the best? I don't know. It's too soon to tell.

38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010:
I'm trying to remember to appreciate the truly wonderful things I already have.

39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year
"So make your siren's call
And sing all you want
I will not hear what you have to say

Cause I need freedom now
And I need to know how
To live my life as it's meant to be"

~The Cave, Mumford & Sons

No comments:

Post a Comment