Friday, May 29, 2009

Cough. Cough. Sniffle.

I have the plague. It is the sore throat, aching muscles, pounding head, you name it, I'm suffering with it, plague. I blame this entirely on my neighbor. He was snuffly and cranky all last week and yesterday, my throat was suspiciously scratchy. I woke up today feeling like I'd been run over by a truck. In his defense, the neighbor brought over some ibuprofen and made toast for me. He may be the cause of my misery but at least he's trying to help. Unfortunately, the rest of the day is already shot. I'm going to have to lie down,, read some books, drink lots of water, etc., etc., etc. It's a big weekend coming up and I'd like to be well enough to handle it.

Ike the Rabbit seems to be adjusting well. He's in a small aquarium right now, well insulated with paper and hay and stuff. He's got lettuce, carrots and fresh water in there and I'm taking him out and letting him roam when I can watch him. He tried to bust out of the aquarium a few times last night and early this morning - the sounds of paper rustling and frantic paw scrabbling woke me - but until he either grows a couple of inches or learns to jump, the aquarium will hold him. I'm going to buy a proper pen for him next week. He seems pretty happy, though. At least, I think he's happy. It's kind of hard to tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment